We are extremely proud of the research and teaching that takes place at Cranfield, all made possible by our team of passionate and dedicated staff – our academics, researchers, technicians and professional services teams, plus our industrial partners from around the world.
Community and public engagement is all about us engaging as a University with those around us, so that we can:
- Obtain insight and work with the public to enrich and inform our research activity;
- Input into projects that help shape policy decisions and initiatives, improving the lives of those we serve;
- Share our stories and celebrate achievements with our community;
- Deliver and take part in events and activities that inspire young people and the public about the possibilities of STEM;
- Encourage young people to consider careers that will build a bigger and more diverse STEM and management workforce;
- Achieve our vision of being valued globally for tackling the real-world issues of today to deliver a sustainable future, through our mission of working in partnership to develop and deliver applied research and innovative education in science, technology, engineering and management.
We carry out our mission through living our values of ambition, impact, respect and community.
Engineers Making a Difference
We are thrilled that Natalia Falagán, Lecturer in Food Science and Technology, is one of the amazing Engineers Making a Difference, featured in a new book delivered to all state schools in the UK this March!
Natalia’s research about food sustainability - making the most of the food we have and reducing waste - is part of this inspiring and diverse group of inventors, technicians, scientists and tech entrepreneurs featured in the book. You can find out more at the Engineers Making a Difference site, including downloadable resources and lots of other great links!
We are very proud supporters of the This Is Engineering campaign, turning 5 years old on 24 January 2023!
Since the launch, the campaign has inspired 1.1 million young people aged 13-18 to consider a career in engineering #EngineeringBetterLives
To celebrate National Engineering Day 2022, which is part of the campaign, we were excited to 庆祝十大网赌网址登陆-(No.1排行榜)的技术员的工作 and help raise awareness about these crucial roles, take a look and get inspired!
To find out more visit www.thisisengineering.org.uk.